WHAT YOU NEED:
▢ 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves, minced
▢ 1⁄2 Jalapeno, finely minced *optional for desired heat level
▢ 1⁄4 Cup jalapeno Ghee!
▢ 3 garlic cloves, crushed
▢ 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
▢ 2 Tsp salt
▢ 1 Tsp pepper
▢ 1⁄2 lemon, zested & juiced + 3 large lemons, sliced thick
▢ 1 Whole roasting chicken, fat trimmed and cleaned
▢ 1⁄2 Cup low sodium chicken broth
▢ Basting brush
▢ Cast iron skillet or roasting pan, just big enough for chicken
▢ *Fresh bread for dipping
WHAT TO DO:
1. Preheat oven to 450 F
2. Mix the Ghee!, minced thyme, *jalapeno, crushed garlic, paprika, salt, pepper, lemon juice and zest in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Layer the skillet or roasting pan with lemon slices.
4. Place chicken breast side down and brush your rub evenly to coat the entire back. Turn over and coat the front evenly until all rub is used up.
5. Roast on the center rack of your oven for 30 mins.
6. After 30 mins, pour the chicken broth over chicken and around the sides of the pan over lemon slices.
7. Return to the oven and roast an additional 35-45 mins or until cooked through. (Will depend on size)
8. Serve with fresh bread for dipping up all those delicious pan juices…and enjoy!