Here is a new twist on a breakfast classic… Indulge in a coconut breakfast made with Original GHEE! Truly special!
|Servings: 2||Prep time: 20 min||Cook time: 10 min||Total time: 30 min|
▢ 1 Cup canned coconut milk
▢ 1/4 Cup shredded coconut
▢ 1 Egg
▢ 2 Tbsp cinnamon
▢ 1/4 Tsp nutmeg
▢ 2 Tbsp Sugar
▢ 4 Thick slices French, sourdough, or other good quality bread
▢ 3 Tbsp Original GHEE
▢ Fresh berries for topping, coconut shreds, whipped cream… anything you like!
- Combine coconut milk, shredded coconut, 1⁄2 tsp cinnamon, nutmeg and egg. Mix well.
- In a baking dish, place bread slices and pour coconut mixture over. Smooth out with a
fork to coat evenly, it will be thick.
- Let sit for about 10 minutes, flip over, making sure the other side gets coated well. Let
marinate for another 10 minutes.
- While that marinates, mix up remaining cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl until well
- Heat skillet pan to medium high heat and add in 1 Tbsp GHEE!
- Once melted, scrape off excess mixture on bread and carefully add to pan. Cook until
golden, then flip. Add in another 1 Tbsp Ghee and repeat on the other side.
- Plate toast and spread remaining Ghee over each piece while hot. Immediately sprinkle
cinnamon sugar over pieces to coat.
- Top with fresh berries, coconut shreds, whipped cream, maple syrup…whatever your
favorites may be and enjoy!