|Servings: 8||Prep time: 10 min||Cook time: 35 min||Total time: 45 min|
▢ 3 Tbsp Garlic GHEE! By Clarified Living
▢ 2 Large yams, peeled and cut into quarters
▢ 4 Large carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
▢ 1 Inch fresh ginger, grated
▢ 4 Large garlic cloves, crushed
▢ 1⁄4 Cup fresh sage leaves
▢ 1⁄2 Tsp ground turmeric
▢ 1 Tbsp sea salt
▢ 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add in yams and carrots. Cook about 10 minutes until fork tender.
- While yams and carrots are cooking, heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a small skillet over medium
heat. Once hot, add in sage and cook until crispy. Remove the leaves onto a paper towel to
drain, but set aside the oil from your sage pan for later use.
- Once done, reserve 1 cup of yam and carrot cooking water. Remove from heat and strain in
the sink, then reduce heat to low on your stove.
- Transfer cooked yams and carrots back to pot and mash well. Add in garlic, ginger, salt,
turmeric, garlic GHEE! And 1⁄2 cup reserved cooking water. Mash together and continue to
add in water slowly until all is combined.
- Place back on the low heat, add in oil from sage and mix. Cover and let simmer for 5-10
- Serve topped with crispy sage and dots of garlic GHEE!