If you love seafood, then this is the perfect healthy weeknight dinner for you. Fresh cod filets baked with cherry tomatoes.
|Servings: 4||Prep time: 5 min||Cook time: 25 min||Total time: 30 min|
For the sauce:
▢ 1 Tbsp Original GHEE
▢ 1/2 Tsp crushed red pepper flake
▢ 4 Large garlic cloves, minced
▢ 1 Pint cherry tomatoes, halved
▢ 1/4 Cup rice vinegar
▢ 1/3 Cup fresh basil, finely chopped
▢ 1/4 Cup fresh dill, finely chopped
▢ 1/2 Tsp lemon zest
▢ 1/2 Tsp salt
▢ 1/4 Tsp black pepper
For the cod:
▢ 2 Tbsp Original GHEE
▢ 1 1/2 Pounds fresh cod, cut into 4 filets
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
- Sauce:heat 1 tbsp Ghee in a saucepan over medium heat. Add crushed red pepper & garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes until they are soft, but still holding their shape.
- Add the rice vinegar, stir, and allow the mixture to simmer.
- Add in the basil, dill, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, & pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the sauce to a bowl and set aside until needed.
- Fish: season both sides of the fish with salt & pepper.
- Using the same pan, add 2 tbsp Ghee over medium heat.
- Place cod in the Ghee and cook until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Flip the cod over in the pan carefully, then place the pan into the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Pour the Ghee + cherry tomato mix over the cod, garnish with more basil leaves or lemon wedges and serve immediately.